Wednesday, August 17, 2022
Your Vigilant Daily Newspaper


Cauayan Mayor Tabujara says Covid positive patient from Cebu directly brought to isolation facility

June 12, 2020

Cauayan Mayor John Rey Tabujara said tonight the 35-year-old COVID-19 positive patient from Cebu was brought directly to the Cauayan Isolation Center upon arrival.

Tabujara told NDB Cauayanhons have nothing to worry about.

He said the patient was a resident of Barangay Mambugsay in the town, who returned as a locally stranded individual from Barangay Babay II (Babag 2) in Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu last week.

On June 4 at 1 a.m., the patient left the home of his cousin in Cebu. He rode a PUJ to the bus terminal (Parkmall), then rode a Ceres bus to Oslob, Bato, Cebu.

He then rode a Maayo Shipping ro-ro vessel to Tampi Port at 1 p.m. on June 5.

At 2:30 p.m. on June 5, the returning Cauayanhon was fetched by the Cauayan Disaster Risk Reduction Management at Tampi Port together with Mr. Gornes Telesforo Jr. from Kabankalan City, an Authorized Person Outside Residence.

On June 5 at 5:20 p.m., the patient arrived at the Cauayan Isolation Facility, where a rapid test was done with non-reactive result.

“He was placed alone inside Isolation Room 2, with episodes of fever. On June 6 or less than a day he showed no other signs and symptoms, and was managed by a physician. He is currently asymptomatic,” Mayor Tabujara said.

On June 8 he underwent swab testing in E.B. Magalona. Today June 11 the result came out was positive.

Mayor Tabujara said necessary health protocols were strictly observed as to the management of the patient, saying there is nothing to fear.

The mayor reminded his constituents to continue observing social distancing, wearing if face mask, and frequent washing of hands.

Comments


Leave a Reply


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *