Wednesday, February 8, 2023
Your Vigilant Daily Newspaper


San Carlos-Toledo vice versa trips resume

April 12, 2022

The Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) today has allowed the partial resumption of sea trips in the northern part of Negros Occidental after almost two days of suspension due to Tropical Depression “Agaton.”

Commander Joe Luviz Mercurio, PCG-Northern Negros Occidental station chief, said trips between San Carlos City, Negros Occidental and Toledo City, Cebu were allowed to resume after the Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) lifted the Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal No. 1 in some parts of northern Cebu.

However, as of press time, trips between Escalante City and Sagay City bound for the town of Tabuelan in Cebu remained suspended.

Even though PAGASA had also lifted the storm signal in Tabuelan, Mercurio said the decision not to resume sea travel in the said areas was due to the northeastern part of Cebu still under Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal, as well as unsafe sea conditions in the said routes.

As of 8:00 a.m. Mercurio said there are no stranded passengers in the ports of Escalante and Sagay.

Previously, 160 Cebu-bound travelers from Escalante and 33 from Sagay City were stranded after the PCG suspended sea trips last Sunday evening.

Meanwhile, trips between Bacolod City to the town of Dumangas and Iloilo City remain unaffected.* (DGB)

Comments


Leave a Reply


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *