Investigators of the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) said there was no sign of arson behind the fire that razed the pantry of the Isabela Municipal Mayor’s Office last April 8.
What the BFP found, it said, were indications that the fire was triggered by electrical short circuits, which was caused by rain water that dripped through the roof into the electrical outlets.
Speculations ran wild following the fire, saying it was done allegedly to hide some sensitive records, but Mayor Irene Montilla said no sensitive nor important documents were burned, adding that she is not signing documents there.
She told newsmen during a press conference that the renovation of the municipal building, including the pantry, the repair of the local BFP firetruck and other projects and programs were stalled due to the proposed 2022 budget that is still not acted upon by the municipal council.*