At least 24 percent of the more than 5,068 schools in Western Visayas are prepared for the resumption of limited face-to-face (F2F) classes as of May 11, according to the Department of Education (DepEd).
Department of Education (DepEd)-Western Visayas Information Officer Hernani Esculla Jr. said that 1,247 schools in the region are ready for F2F classes, although 913 have yet to begin onsite classes.
Escullar said the schools passed their safety assessment test and have been recommended by their respective division offices for validation by the DepEd’s regional team.
Others, meanwhile, did not yet secure the concurrence of their local government units where they are located or are still on queue for validation by the regional composite team.
Those who were unable to begin their limited F2F classes this school year, but have already passed validation may begin in the 2022-2023 school year.
With COVID-19 still going on a downtrend despite the reported new subvariants of the Omicron that were detected, Escullar said there is certain possibility that most of the schools in the region may begin limited F2F classes.
He added that once the current 2021-2022 school year ends on June 27, DepEd-Western Visayas will concentrate during the next two-month break validating schools willing to implemented limited F2F classes.
So far here are the only schools that are allowed to limited F2F classes in Negros Occidental:
* Bacolod City – Alangilan Farm School, Alangilan National High School, Rafael Alunan Elementary School, Apolinario Mabini Elementary School, Andres Bonifacio Elementary School, ETCS III Elementary School
* Negros Occidental – Sagay City, Silay City, Victorias City, San Carlos City, Cadiz City, La Carlota City, E.B. Magalona, Calatrava, Talisay City, Murcia, Valladolid, Manapla, Hinigaran, and Don Salvador Benedicto.* (DGB)